Determining optimum twist can have a critical effect on the
physical characteristics of yarns. Yarns with a low twist count are
capable or producing a yarn with increased softness for knitting
and warmth. Increasing twist count can provide additional tensile
strength. However, maximum tensile strength can decrease if the
twist angle is greater than the desired amount. Electronic Digital
Twist Tester meets applicable International Standards for measuring
both the untwist/retwist method and yarn twist method by direct
To determine yarn twist in single or plyed yarns, quadrant type
with auto stop & reverse for conventional or untwist/retwist
ASTM D1422 Standard Test Method for Twist in Single Spun Yarns by
the Untwist-Retwist Method
ASTM D1423 Standard Test Method for Twist in Yarns by
ISO 2061 Textiles -- Determination of twist in yarns -- Direct
BS 2085 Method of test for determination of twist in yarns, direct
DIN 53832 Testing of textiles -- Determination of the twist of
single and plied yarns and of the change of length. untwist method
|Test method||Test method 1: Single untwist-retwist method|
|Test method 2: Double untwist-retwist method|
|Test method 3: Direct counting method|
|Test method 4: Multiple untwist-retwist method|
|Measuring twist range||1~9999.9twist|
|Clamp distance||1-50 cm (0.5-20 inc)|
|Yarn test length||25, 50, 100, 200, 250, 500 mm|
|Untwist elongation range||max 20mm|
|Rotating speed of gripper||1500 r/min, 800 r/min, slow inching speed|
|Elongation indicator||0-60 mm|
|Pre-tension||0 - 160 cN|
|Output||RS232 serial port for data output and printer output|
|Dimensions||1080 x 275 x 216 mm|
|Power supply||220V,50Hz or 110V,60Hz|
Accessories supplied with the instrument:
|Main Unit||01 No.|
|.Tension Weight Kit(0.5cN,1cN,5cN,10cN, each)||01 No.|
|Tension Weight Kit(2cN,20cN,50cN, each)||02 Nos.|
|Tension Weight Balancing Pan unit||01 Set.|
|Weight Box for keeping tension weigh||01 No.|
|500mm fixed calliper(to check the distance between the fixed and
the moving clamp)||01 No.|
|Pointing Needle||01 No.|
|Power Cord||01 No.|
|This User’s Manual||01 No.|
|Inspection & Conformance Certificate||01 No.|
1. The first step is to select the method/mode to be chosen.
2. The yarn has to be clamped between 2 clamps.
3. ‘S’ or ‘Z’ key has to be selected depending upon twist
4. The stopper at the left front side of the Automatic Twist Tester
has to be set at approx 50% of expected elongation.
5. The motor has to be started by pressing the ‘START’ key.
6. The motor will start untwisting the yarn and LCD display will
1. Latest microprocessor based equipment used to determine the
twist per inch/cm.
2. Specially designed for single yarn, double yarn & open-end
3. A special sensor for zero setting.
4. Special tensioning device provided to give tension to the yarn
5. Totally programmable unit.
6. User-friendly control panel, which guides the operator to
undertake all steps for testing.
7. Smooth precision-engineered auto mechanism.
8. 1 to 50gms weight supplied to give proper tension during
9. Digital control panel with 16-character, 4 line LCD display.